For more than 30 years, YWCA's Contact Plus Program has been working with middle school and high school youth in the Minneapolis Public Schools to provide comprehensive sexual health education.
YWCA integrates proven curriculum into the program, including Making Proud Choices! for middle-school youth and Girls Inc.® Preventing Adolescent Pregnancy in girls groups.
About Contact Plus
- Students meet in gender-specific or coed groups
- Participate in discussions and activities to help learn about themselves and their relationships with others
- Learn how to assertively communicate
- Make well-informed and responsible decisions about their sexual health
- Learn about the impact of early pregnancy
Contact Plus Participants
In 2015 - 2016, Contact Plus served more than 200 students and 100% of participants reported not becoming pregnant or fathering a child during the ten-month program.
How to Join
To learn more about the Contact Plus program, contact Mark Campbell at 612-215-4362. Enrollment in Contact Plus is handled through schools. To learn if Contact Plus is available at your school, contact Mark.
“I don’t want to be with a guy who is trying to push me around. I get to decide when I am ready for all that stuff. I need to focus on school right now, not worry all the time if I might get pregnant!”