Free Teacher Training
Train for a career as a teacher – no cost for eligible participants!
YWCA Minneapolis Early Childhood Teacher Development Program
The YWCA Teacher Development Program is a high-quality program to earn your Child Development Associate (CDA) credential, which provides you the training you need to become a qualified early childhood education teacher.
You will gain the professional skills needed to teach in an early childhood education classroom, and once your training is complete and you pass your Child Development Associate (CDA) test you will receive help with job placement.
Successful trainees receive a monthly stipend for meeting expected program progress - receive financial support while learning!
Full-Time Program, Monday - Friday, 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Length of Program: 6 - 9 months
Transportation Support While Training
Job Placement Support When Training is Complete
New cohorts start regularly, apply now to be considered for future start dates
During Your Training You Will Receive
- Child Development Associate (CDA) credential training
- 80 hours of professional development workshops
- 120 hours of child development courses
- 500 hours of teaching practicum, with a stipend
- Resume and interview writing support
- Job placement support
- Strong interest in early childhood education: Infant, Toddler or Preschool age children
- Ability to commit to a minimum of 32 hours per week of education and classroom work
- Willingness to learn basic computer skills, navigate online systems and email
- Organized, responsible, flexible, motivated and professional
- Ability to accept and incorporate constructive feedback from mentors and program staff
- Excellent time management and decision-making skills
- Ability to work with diverse populations, personalities, and adapt to an early learning environment
- Strong personal standards of excellence, ethics and integrity
- Age 18 or older with a high school diploma or GED by program start date
- Meet household income requirements
- Pass background check
How to Apply
For questions, please contact Paula Landis, Director of Curriculum at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-215-4197.
Submit your application below: