Confronting Racism: Minnesota Style
Racial Justice Workshop
- Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
- Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Location: YWCA Minneapolis - Downtown - 1130 Nicollet Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (in the Board Room)
- Cost: $50 ($25 for YWCA Members)
- RSVP by February 6, 2018
We’ve all been there:
- You hear or see something that your gut tells you is racist, and no matter how badly you want to respond, you don't know how.
- You are committed to eliminating racism, but would like more skills to help you respond to people in different settings.
If this sounds familiar, we invite you to take part in our Confronting Racism workshop.
This workshop is designed for those who have an understanding of white privilege and racism, and want to acquire skills in dealing with racism as it occurs in their personal lives. The workshop will develop the participants’ active listening skills, as well as help them practice skills to respond to overt racism (i.e. racist remarks), and covert racism (privilege, microagressions, etc.) within the dominant communication styles of the Midwest. The skills learned in this workshop can be easily applied and taught to others to create more inclusive environments in our lives, and to continue the work of eliminating racism.
This is a skills and practice level workshop.