April Indoor Triathlon
Brave the event, not the elements.
Swim, bike and run indoors - complete an indoor triathlon at YWCA Minneapolis.
Mini-course and long-course options available.
Compete as an individual or as part of a relay team.
Date: Sunday, April 14
Time: Heats start at 7:00 am
Location: YWCA Midtown, 2121 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407
Cost: $51/members, $62/nonmembers, $90/relay teams
About the Race
If this is your first triathlon, you will find a supportive, encouraging environment. For more seasoned athletes, these indoor events are a great addition to your training regimen. Complete the event yourself or as part of a two- or three-person relay.
Course Information and Distances
View Course Map (PDF)
- Mini Course consists of a 400-yard swim, four-mile bike ride and a 1-mile run.
- Sprint Course consists of a 500-yard swim, five-mile bike ride and a 2-mile run.
- Long Course consists of a 600-yard swim, six-mile bike ride and a 5K (3.1-mile) run. (Relays use the Long Course)
YWCA Midtown's pool is a six-lane, 25-yard pool. Two triathletes will share a lane. Each lane will have a lap recorder/timer. Average water temperature is 80-82 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 600 yards = 12 laps/24 lengths
- 500 yards = 10 laps/20 lengths
- 400 yards = 8 laps/16 lengths
Our NEW Bikes this year will be more accurate to actual road miles! You can adjust the bike for a comfortable fit. One side of the pedal is a standard platform with toe cages. The other side of the pedal is compatible with SPD-style bike cleat.
Run or walk on the track in the Minneapolis Sports Center, a regulation 200-meter indoor track.
- Youth ages 14 and older can participate. Think your younger child is ready? Contact Sookie Landsteiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-215-4343 to talk through swimming ability and comfort in adult racing situations.
- If running isn't your thing, we welcome you to walk the "run" portion of the race.
- Packet pickup is the day of the event; please plan to arrive 30-45 minutes before heat start time.
- Participants can update their registration information up to 10 days prior to the race by logging into their imATHLETE account and using their Confirmation Code on the purchase receipt.
Family and friends can watch you in each part of the race. Signs and cheering are encouraged. We will provide poster-making materials and bells to help cheering.
For more information please contact Sookie Landsteiner at email@example.com or 612-215-4343.