- Group Fitness
- Group Training & Coaching
- Personal Training
- Youth and Family Fitness
- Women's Basketball Leagues
- Indoor Triathlons
- 2018 Women's Triathlon
- Maintain Not Gain Challenge
- Corporate Wellness
- Refer a Friend
Posted on Tue, Jan 17 2012 1:50 pm by Zest
Personal Training: Level 3
Endurance Sports Coach
Swim Coach: Level 3
"Greater fitness and health enriches your life experiences. Pursue your goals as a part of your lifestyle. Develop your fitness for the future you envision for yourself."
- NSCA Certified Personal Trainer
- USA Triathlon Certified Coach Level 1
- Total Immersion Swim Coach
- Yoga Teacher (RYT-200 through Yoga Center of Minneapolis)
- NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School, Alaska)
- USA Track and Field Certified Coach Level 2
- Kettlebell and TRX Certified
- B.A., Psychology
- Triathlete since 1997: 2013 half Iron Distance finish in 6:08:57, 2015 Iron Distance finish in 13:33:13
- Outdoor adventures: backpacking, paddling, winter camping, climbing, etc.
- Bike commuting year-round since 2009
- Yin Yoga and meditation
- Formerly competitive in cross-country running, track, and swimming
- Program development and coaching for youth 9-14
Areas of Expertise
- Training Endurance Events: running, biking and triathlons
- Youth Training
- Outdoor Adventure Travel Training
- YWCA Midtown
- YWCA Uptown
Learn More About Kym
What is your favorite workout and why?
I most enjoy workouts that engage me to learn a new skill or refine an old one. I enjoy workouts that complement my physical or emotional needs at that time.
What do you consider your greatest fitness accomplishment?
My greatest Triathlon accomplishments are 2013 Superior Man half Iron Distance finish in 6:08:57 and 2015 Beach2Battleship Iron Distance finish in 13:33:13
My longest wilderness adventure was a 19 day 240 mile traverse of the Boundary Waters in 2012.
What is your biggest athletic goal?
My long term triathlon goals are to finish an Ironman triathlon in under 12 hours and win an overall place at the Heart of the Lakes short course. My strength goals are a freestanding handstand, bar muscle up, and deadlift twice my bodyweight.
What is your biggest goal outside of the gym?
My long term personal goals are to own a home and have the space for vegetable gardening and raising chickens. My husband and I dream of circumnavigating Minnesota by bike and boat.
What do you do on your rest days?
On my days off I like to: blog, cook, read, drink beer, watch Friends or the West Wing, and hang out of my front step.
Schedule and Purchase Services
View trainer availability and manage appointments for:
- Endurance Sports Coaching
- Massage and Bodywork
- Personal Training
- Private Pilates Training
- Private Swim Instruction