- Group Fitness
- Group Training & Coaching
- Personal Training
- Youth and Family Fitness
- Women's Basketball Leagues
- Indoor Triathlons
- 2018 Women's Triathlon
- Maintain Not Gain Challenge
- Corporate Wellness
- Refer a Friend
Posted on Wed, Mar 18 2015 1:47 pm by Johnson
Endurance Sports Coach
“Lou Holtz said, 'It is a fine thing to have ability, but the ability to discover ability in others is the true test.' I have a passion for empowering others to seek challenge and live with confidence. Pursuing fitness and health goals is a great pathway to do that while also ensuring that we live with strength and are a vibrant role model and support for the ones we love. Make it fun. Be courageous.”
- Masters Degree, Exercise and Movement Science
- USA Triathlon Certified Coach and Race Director
- NASM Personal Trainer
- USA Track and Field Coach, Level 2 (Endurance, Sprints/Hurdles and Throws)
- International Youth Conditioning Association, Youth Fitness Specialist
- Adult Triathlon Coach
- College Cross Country/Track Head Coach (10 years)
- Middle/High School Cross Country/Track and Mountain Biking Coach
- Endurance sports enthusiast for over 30 years including triathlon, running, adventure racing, orienteering, mountain biking
- Epic outdoor adventures: paddling, bike tours, mountain biking, hiking
- College Professor and Strength and Conditioning Coach (CSCS, USA Weightlifting Club Coach)
- Youth Soccer Coach
- Stay at home dad to two active boys since 2002
Areas of Expertise
- New, rising and competitive runners and triathletes
- Training for outdoor adventures
- Youth, parents and masters athletes
- Strength and conditioning for performance, prehab, rehab, and general fitness
- YWCA Midtown
Learn More About Paul
What is your favorite workout and why?
Mountain biking my favorite trails with no computer, GPS or watch. Even better with friends.
What do you consider your greatest fitness accomplishment?
Winning a triathlon relay with my sons as teammates and my wife overhearing a member of the winning relay team for the previous few years say, “I think we got beat by a Dad and a couple kids.”
What is your biggest athletic goal?
Mountain bike the Maah Daah Hey trail in North Dakota.
What is your biggest goal outside of the gym?
Finish building my garage.
What do you do on your rest days?
Think about how I should be working on my garage instead of taking naps and hanging out with my dogs.
Schedule and Purchase Services
View trainer availability and manage appointments for:
- Endurance Sports Coaching
- Massage and Bodywork
- Personal Training
- Private Pilates Training
- Private Swim Instruction