Confronting Racism: Social Media
Racial Justice Workshop
- Date: Wednesday, July 19, 2017
- Time: 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
- Location: YWCA Downtown - 1130 Nicollet Ave. S, Minneapolis, MN 55403 (in the Board Room)
- Cost: $50 ($25 for YWCA Members)
- RSVP by Wednesday, July 12, 2017
Chris Rock tweeted, "Just found a new app that tells you which one of your friends are racist. It's called Facebook."
- Have you ever found yourself in a heated conversation on social media about race or racism?
- Did the conversation turn out well?
- Or did it end with "unfriending" or "blocking" someone from your social media outlet?
Come join us for a conversation and develop skills of active listening, as well as practice skills to respond via social media.
This is a skills and practice level workshop.