Circle of Women
The Circle of Women fundraiser luncheon is an inspirational opportunity to support life-changing programs in the community, empowering women and girls in profound ways.
Last year, a sold-out crowd of more than 1,300 people, more than 90% women, came together to network, "shop" the silent auction, and be inspired by the stories of the girls and women whose lives are changed by the YWCA every day.
Attendees celebrated the power of women to create their own legacy through their philanthropic support and vision. As Susan B. Anthony remarked, "Woman must have a purse of her own." Through collective passion, we can create the future we want to see.
We are proud to report that 86% of the more than $515,000 raised at the 2014 event directly supported YWCA programs in Minneapolis, equipping people to create brighter futures for themselves, their families and their community. Additional funds were raised by generous donors for the Power to Soar campaign.
Every year, we leverage our expertise and knowledge to deliver innovative programs and passionate advocacy in education, racial justice and wellness, creating a positive impact on the lives of over 25,000 people in our community.
- 21,000+ health and fitness members visited three urban fitness centers
- 3,700+ women built strength, dignity and vitality in wellness programs
- 4,100+ diverse individuals were empowered to take action to eliminate racism
- 3,000+ community members used YWCA fitness opportunities
- 1,500+ girls and youth engaged in quality afterschool programs
- 1,300+ advocates raised awareness about addressing institutional racism and advancing economic empowerment for women and girls
- 4,200+ individuals were awarded health and fitness scholarships
- 870+ volunteers generously gave 7,200+ hours of their time
- 420+ children received high-quality, nationally accredited early childhood education
About the Program
There is something powerful about coming together to listen to those whose voices aren't always heard -- the participants of the life-changing programs of the YWCA of Minneapolis. During the Circle of Women program, girls and women whose lives have been changed in small and profound ways share their stories with attendees. Be inspired by their stories!
Thursday, April 23, 2015
Minneapolis Convention Center
10:30 am-12:00 pm - Silent Auction and Networking
12:00-1:30 pm - Program
By The Numbers
Based on 2014 Event Evaluations:
- 1,250+ individuals attended the event
- 90%+ of attendees are women
- 71% have a household income greater than $100,000
- 34% have a household income greater than $200,000
- 37% are between the ages of 46 and 64
- 39% are between the ages of 30 and 45
- 71% identify themselves as professionals
- 96% of attendees were very satisfied or satisfied with the event
- 87% plan to be back in 2014