2019 Race Registration is Now Open
Celebrate the strength in all women!
Voted Race of the Year in 2017, more than 1,400 girls and women ages 11 - 75+ enjoy competing in a welcoming and supportive environment.
2019 YWCA Women’s Triathlon
Sunday, August 11
2018 Race Results and Photos
Congratulations 2018 racers on completing YWCA Women's Triathlon!
View your results for Individual, SuperSprint or Teams, plus check out the initial race photos now online (more to come).
What is YWCA Women's Triathlon?
YWCA Minneapolis Women's Triathlon is our most-popular athletic event of the year!
Sprint Triathlon Distance
- 500-yard swim
- 15.5-mile bike
- 5k run/walk
SuperSprint Triathlon Distance
- 200-yard swim
- 7.3-mile bike
- 1-mile run/walk
The third weekend in August each year, more than 1,200 triathletes participate in a race dedicated to celebrating the strength in all women. Girls and women ages 11 to 75+ enjoy competing in a welcoming and supportive environment, along with 3,500+ spectators and 300+ volunteers supporting the race.
What Makes YWCA Women's Triathlon Unique?
- We're the only all-women triathlon in Minnesota and the largest all-women triathlon in the contiguous United States.
- We offer unparalleled training support through a free training plan, free clinics, and an abundance of training classes, including mini-triathlons and open water swim clinics.
- We encourage women to race with buddies, guaranteeing a transition spot and wave assignment with a buddy or group of buddies, if they choose.
- While a participant is racing, we offer unrivaled aquatic support, providing novice swim caps and noodle swimmers.
- We have a popular "Friends and Family Finish Zone" that allows kids and family members to cross the finish line with their moms, aunts and grandmas.
- We give special awards to sister-sister teams, mother-daughter teams, life-partner teams, and to those in first-timer categories.
- We offer great giveaways to those who stick around for the awards.
Training Plan, Training Team, Training Classes
Each year, we provide a free, beginner 3-month training plan for the women's triathlon. There are also team training packages and triathlon training classes available to support your training and skills in any area of the race.
We're a Green Race
Our triathlon is a "green" race, boasting a very low-waste rate (92% of our waste is diverted to compost and recycling).
Help us in our low waste commitment by:
- Disposing of your trash at a designated waste station
- Think before you toss! Can it be reused? Recycled? Composted? If you don't know, ask!
- Reuse, compost or recycle any items you bring from home
You’ll feel even more triumphant as you cross the finish line knowing you raised money to help YWCA Minneapolis programs! Consider joining our annual triathlon Fundraising Team.
Volunteer for the Triathlon
Support the more-than-1,200 triathletes at Lake Nokomis by registering to volunteer. There are many opportunities available, every volunteer helps! Groups welcome.
Volunteer registration will open in mid-2019.
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
For media inquiries, contact Cori Mattli at 612-215-4107 or email@example.com.