2018 Registration Open
Register to race in the YWCA Women's Triathlon, voted Race of the Year in 2017!
2018 YWCA Women’s Triathlon
Sunday, August 12
2017 YWCA Women's Triathlon Voted Race of the Year
Thank you to our volunteers, athletes, sponsors, staff and supporters for helping to make the 10th Anniversary Women's Tri the BEST in the state!
The honor is determined by the percentage of athletes who participate in Minnesota races throughout the year. YWCA Women’s Tri won in 2012 and we are thrilled our 10th anniversary race received the same honor.
What is the YWCA Women's Triathlon?
The YWCA Minneapolis Women's Triathlon is our most-popular athletic event of the year!
Sprint Triathlon Distance
- 500-yard swim
- 15.5-mile bike
- 5k run/walk
SuperSprint Triathlon Distance
- 200-yard swim
- 7.3-mile bike
- 1-mile run/walk
The third weekend in August each year, more than 1,200 triathletes participate in a race dedicated to celebrating the strength in all women. Girls and women ages 11 to 75+ enjoy competing in a welcoming and supportive environment, along with 3,500+ spectators and 300+ volunteers supporting the race.
What Makes the YWCA Women's Triathlon Unique?
- We're the only all-women triathlon in Minnesota.
- We offer unparalleled training support through a free training plan, free clinics, and an abundance of training classes, including mini-triathlons and open water swim clinics.
- We encourage women to race with buddies, guaranteeing a transition spot and wave assignment with a buddy or group of buddies, if they choose.
- While a participant is racing, we offer unrivaled aquatic support, providing novice swim caps and noodle swimmers.
- We have a popular "Friends and Family Finish Zone" that allows kids and family members to cross the finish line with their moms, aunts and grandmas.
- We give special awards to sister-sister teams, mother-daughter teams, life-partner teams, and to those in first-timer categories.
- We offer great giveaways to those who stick around for the awards.
Training Plan, Team and Classes
Each year, we provide a free, beginner 3-month training plan for the women's triathlon. There are also team training packages and classes available to support your training and skills in any area of the race.
We're a Green Race
Our triathlon is a "green" race, boasting a very low-waste rate (92% of our waste is diverted to compost and recycling).
Help us in our low waste commitment by:
- Disposing of your trash at a designated waste station
- Think before you toss! Can it be reused? Recycled? Composted? If you don't know, ask!
- Reuse, compost or recycle any items you bring from home
You’ll feel even more triumphant as you cross the finish line knowing you raised money to help YWCA Minneapolis programs! Consider joining our annual triathlon Fundraising Team.
Volunteer for the Triathlon
Support the more-than-1,200 triathletes at Lake Nokomis by registering to volunteer today! There are many opportunities available, every volunteer helps! Groups welcome.