Swim Lesson Policies
YWCA Minneapolis Swim Lessons policies help create a safe and secure environment.
- In order to maintain a positive relationship between the instructor and the class participants, missed classes cannot be made up. We cannot credit or prorate missed classes.
In order to ensure a positive group experience, we are committed to running as many classes as possible. However, we reserve the right to cancel any class. Every effort will be made to accommodate your child in another class prior to the start of the session.
- You may withdraw from a class prior to the start of the session. We will credit you for a future session.
- If you must withdraw from a class after the start of a session, a credit or refund will only be given with written confirmation of a medical condition that prohibits participation in the class.
- To obtain a credit or refund, you are required to fill out the Aquatics Credit/Refund form located at the front desk at each facility. A receipt is required to process all requests. Please note special circumstances or requests on the form.
Before Each Lesson
- Arrive early. Allow at least 10 minutes prior to the start of class to help you find parking, get into the facility and assist your child into swimming attire.
- Please bring a swimsuit and a dry towel for your child.
- Clothes, street shoes and other personal items can be stored in the locker rooms. Please bring your own lock, and leave your valuables at home. Towels and locker rentals are available at each facility.
- Please make sure that your child uses the restroom and showers with soap before entering the pool.
- Street shoes are not permitted in the pool area. The flip-flop type of pool footwear is permitted.
Swim Lesson Observation Policy
It is the policy of the YWCA that all individuals, ages 13 or older, provide a valid photo ID, and sign in each time they enter the facility for swim lesson observation. While in the facility, the hospitality desk will hold the observer’s ID, returning it upon completion of the lesson. There is a limit of 2 observers per visit. All observers must enter the facility at the same time as the swim lesson participant, and observe from designated areas only. Use of equipment or amenities by the observer is strictly prohibited during this time. Thank you for helping make our facilities a safe and secure environment.
- The most important role of a parent or guardian during swimming lessons is to be positive and patient with your swimmer’s success. There is no set pace for your child’s swimming improvement.
- To maintain quality class management, parents are asked to sit and observe lessons from the designated seating areas located at each facility.
- If you have questions about your child’s progress, please approach the instructor before or after the class has finished. They will be happy to answer any of your questions, or will direct you to someone on staff who can assist you. Please direct any non-lesson-related questions to the lifeguard(s) on duty.
- Comment cards are available at the front desk if you would prefer to ask a general question and remain anonymous.
- Please give us feedback. Let us know how we are doing. What do you like about our program?
- How can we improve? Please call, email, leave a comment card or talk to the supervisor on deck. Thank you for your support!
REGISTER FOR SWIM LESSONS