Brave the event, not the elements!
2018 Indoor Triathlon Registration
Indoor Triathlons at YWCA Minneapolis are a great way to stay focused during the cold Minnesota winters.
If this is your first triathlon, you will find a supportive, encouraging environment. For more seasoned athletes, these indoor events are a great addition to your training regimen.
- Complete the event yourself or as part of a two- or three-person relay
- Mini, sprint and long course distances available
2018 Indoor Triathlon Race Dates:
- April 8 - SOLD OUT
Time: Start times for the different heats are between 7:30 am and 11:15 am. (April 8 event will start at 7:00 a.m.)
Location: YWCA Midtown, 2121 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407 (in the Minneapolis Sports Center)
Cost: $51/members, $62/nonmembers, $90/relay team total
Calling All Volunteers!
Support your community by helping athletes of all levels complete a triathlon - indoors! Volunteer to assist with check-in, counting laps and much more. It's a great day of camaraderie and service.
Course Information and Distances
An indoor course will be created in the Midtown YWCA and adjacent Minneapolis Sports Center:
View Course Map (PDF)
- Mini Course consists of a 400-yard swim, 8 Keiser-mile bike ride and a 1-mile run.
- Sprint Course consists of a 500-yard swim, 10 Keiser-mile bike ride and a 2-mile run.
- Long Course consists of a 600-yard swim, 12 Keiser-mile bike ride and a 5K (3.1-mile) run. (Relays use the Long Course)
The Midtown pool is a six-lane, 25-yard pool. Two triathletes will share a lane. Each lane will have a lap recorder/timer. Average water temperature is 80-82 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 600 yards = 12 laps/24 lengths
- 500 yards = 10 laps/20 lengths
- 400 yards = 8 laps/16 lengths
Keiser spin bikes will be used. You can adjust the bike for a comfortable fit. One side of the pedal is a standard platform with toe cages. The other side of the pedal is compatible with SPD-style bike cleats. You will adjust the intensity level (red gear lever) and cadence. There is no benefit to a higher intensity level. Speed is determined entirely by rpm’s so SPIN! A volunteer will check your time when you start and finish, and distance will be recorded using "Keiser miles." This distance is consistent for everyone, but tends to be about 30% faster than on an upright, Lifefitness exercise bike or outdoor biking.
Run or walk on the track in the Minneapolis Sports Center -- a regulation 200-meter indoor track.
- Youth ages 14 and older can participate. Think your younger child is ready? Contact Sookie Landsteiner at email@example.com or 612-215-4343 to talk through swimming ability and comfort in adult racing situations.
- If running isn't your thing, we also welcome walkers to take part in the tri by walking their run segment.
- Packet pickup is the day of the event; please plan to arrive 30-45 minutes before heat start time.
Family and friends can watch you in every part of the race -- from the pool deck, on the bikes, and on the track during the run. Signs and cheering are encouraged. We will provide poster-making materials and bells to help cheering. Racers are welcome to light snacks and demos of facilitated stretching or massage during or after the event.
For more information please contact Sookie Landsteiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-215-4343.
Indoor Triathlon Results
January 22 - View Race Results
February 18 - View Race Results
March 18 - View Race Results