Start the Journey Toward a Healthier You
Nutrition is a complicated topic. With so many mixed messages about eating well, how do you know what advice is best for you?
Begin your path toward better health, higher energy and improved quality of life with our registered dietitian.
YWCA's Registered Dietitian is Here to Help
Meet with our registered dietitian to:
- Discuss nutrition goals
- Receive individualized nutrition information for you and your body
- Build a custom plan on how to safely meet nutrition goals
- Make choices to create long-term success
Nutrition Counseling Services
- 60-minute initial assessment: $85/member
- 30-minute follow-up meeting: $40/member
Meet Katie Gilder
YWCA Minneapolis Registered Dietitian
Katie Gilder, a Registered Dietitian at YWCA Minneapolis, is available to help you find that healthy balance through nutritional counseling.
Katie has a Bachelor of Science in Dietetics from MSU Mankato and a Master’s in Public Health from the University of Minnesota. She is passionate about health, nutrition and happiness!
Questions for Katie: 612-215-4184 or email@example.com
Learn More About Katie
- B.S., Dietetics, MSU, Mankato
- Dietetic Internship at Southern Regional Medical Center in Atlanta
- Master’s in Public Health Nutrition from the University of Minnesota
- Clinical experience at Unity Hospital and Methodist Hospital
- Working with adolescents on nutrition at Health Start School-Based Clinics
- 5 years working in an intensive inpatient/ outpatient setting for adolescents and adults with eating disorders
What drew you to the field of nutrition?
I became a registered dietitian because I have a passion for health and helping people. I enjoy the science of nutrition. Working with people, especially in outpatient settings, allows me to meet a variety of people and provide clarity on all the myths and misperceptions about nutrition.
What is your favorite food or meal?
Pizza! I honestly love pizza. It’s a versatile food with so many different options for toppings and crusts.
What do you consider your greatest accomplishment?
I struggled with an eating disorder all through adolescence into my early teens. Being in recovery for over ten years now, I am now able to help others who struggle with a less-than-peaceful relationship with food.
What do you do for fun?
I love being active and trying new fitness classes. I am often doing yoga class with my favorite teachers, reading (especially on a nice sunny day outside), trying new restaurants and camping in the summer.