Masters Swim Team
YWCA Minneapolis has its own masters swim program, representing swimmers age 18 to 80 and a full range of speeds and experience.
- Practices are offered for a wide range of interests:
- Stroke development
- General workout
- Triathlon stroke work and training
- Senior masters
- Unlike other teams in the state, enrollment in our masters swim team includes practices at three different sites, YWCA Downtown, Midtown and Uptown.
- Practices are held in morning, midday and evening throughout the week and weekend.
- Signing up gives you access to over 15 hours of weekly practice options!
- We have an award-winning coaching team with top level technical expertise and experience.
- Program participants gain access to open and closed-session swims on Cedar Lake with our program.
- New Masters swimmers should be able to comfortably swim 200 yards of freestyle (front crawl) without a break.
- Unted States Masters Swimming (USMS) membership is required at registration.
Masters Practice Schedule
Tuesday and Thursday: 6:30 am - 7:30 am
Monday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Wednesday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Thursday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am, 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Friday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday: 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Practice times are subject to change. Please check the current site pool schedule for updated information.