Masters Swim Team
YWCA Minneapolis has its own masters swim program, representing swimmers 18 to 80 and a full range of speeds and experience.
- Practices are offered for a wide range of interests, from stroke development, to general workout, to triathlon stroke work and training and senior masters.
- Unlike other teams in the state, enrollment in our masters swim team includes practices at three different sites, and practices are held in morning, midday, and evening throughout the week and weekend.
- Signing up gives you access to over 15 hours of weekly practice options!
- We have an award-winning coaching team with top level technical expertise and experience.
- Program participants also gain access to open and closed-session swims on Cedar Lake with our program.
To learn more about our program and get signed up, please join our masters team on United State Masters Swimming (USMS membership is required), and follow this guide to signing up for our team through YWCA Minneapolis.
New Masters swimmers should be able to comfortably swim 200 yards of freestyle (front crawl) without a break.
Masters Practice Schedule
Tuesday and Thursday: 6:30 am - 7:30 am; 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am - 10:30 am – suspended until after Labor Day
Monday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Tuesday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Wednesday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Thursday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am, 9:30 am - 10:30 am
Friday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 10:00 am - 11:00 am
Saturday: 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Practice times are subject to change. Please check the current site pool schedule for updated information.