Masters Swim Team
YWCA Minneapolis has its own masters swim program, representing swimmers age 18 to 80 and a full range of speeds and experience.
- Practices are offered for a wide range of interests:
- Stroke development
- General workout
- Triathlon stroke work and training
- Senior masters
- Unlike other teams in the state, enrollment in our masters swim team includes practices at three different sites, YWCA Downtown, Midtown and Uptown.
- We also have outdoor practices from June 9 until late August at the Richfield Municipal Pool.
- Practices are held in morning, midday and evening throughout the week and weekend.
- Signing up gives you access to over 15 hours of weekly practice options!
- We have an award-winning coaching team with top level technical expertise and experience.
- Program participants gain access to open and closed-session swims on Cedar Lake with our program.
- New Masters swimmers should be able to comfortably swim 200 yards of freestyle (front crawl) without a break.
- Unted States Masters Swimming (USMS) membership is required at registration.
Masters Practice Schedule
Tuesday and Thursday: 6:30 am - 7:30 am
Sunday: 9:00 am – 10:30 am - This practice does not operate between June 4 and Labor Day
- Monday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Monday evening is moved to Richfield OUTDOORS (7:15 pm - 8:15 pm) from June 11 until August 20 and does not operate at YWCA Uptown during that time.
- Tuesday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Wednesday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Thursday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am, 9:30 am - 10:30 am, from June 7 - August 23; Richfield 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm OUTDOORS
- Friday: 6:00 am - 7:00 am; 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Saturday: 8:00 am - 9:00 am; Saturday morning is moved to Richfield OUTDOORS (7:30 am - 8:30 am) from June 9 until August 18 and does not operate at YWCA Uptown during that time.
Richfield Municipal Pool - Subject to weather cancellations, running until Aug. 23
- Monday: 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm (setup at 7:00 pm)
- Thursday: 7:15 pm - 8:15 pm (setup at 7:00 pm)
- Saturday: 7:30 am - 8:30 am (setup at 7:15 am, full exit by 8:30 am)
Communication on weather cancellations will be made using the e-mail and text alerts set up on each person's TeamUnify account.
Practice times are subject to change. Please check the current site pool schedule for updated information.