Otters Youth Swim Team
Technique, Teamwork and Sportsmanship
YWCA Minneapolis believes kids can enjoy aquatic sports at any skill level with instruction, games and teamwork. Children involved with the Otters Swim Team learn about acceptance, respect and community along with their fellow athletes in a competitive swimming environment. The Otters coaches are dedicated to the development of Otters as strong individuals both in and out of the pool.
Beginner and Advanced Swimmers
New swimmers or swimmers moving to a more competitive level will find a positive and encouraging atmosphere for enhancing their swimming experience with the YWCA Otters Swim Team.
- Be placed in training groups based on age and ability
- Improve swimming and endurance by working first on technique work and stroke efficiency
- Learn good sportsmanship, nutrition and mental preparedness
- Compete in YWCA intrasquad swim meets and other swim meets
- Have a flexible practice schedule with three time slots for practices at Uptown and Midtown locations
Otters Day Camps
During most school release days, the Otters swim team will be hosting day camps where swimmers can come and work with coaches on their strokes. There will be pool time where we will film each swimmer, dryland work, stroke videos and fun! This is a great opportunity for youth to do extra work on stroke elements they might be struggling with.
To attend, swimmers must either be currently on the team, have passed Red Cross Level 4 (or equivalent) or have attended an Otters tryout and been given coach approval.