We are accepting applications for the Girls Inc. Council for Advocacy and Change (GCAC). This is a leadership opportunity for girls and non-binary youth in high school (grades 9-12) in the Twin Cities area. Participants will work to become advocates and agents of change for their communities. Apply today!
- Address issues affecting girls and women in the community
- Complete a leadership advocacy project
- Build resume skills and network with local women leaders
- Receive a stipend
Requirements and Commitments:
- Currently enrolled in school in the Twin Cities Metro area
- Be in grades 9-12 in the 2021-2022 school year
- Commit to attending bi-weekly meetings at YWCA Midtown on Tuesdays from 4:30 — 6:00 pm, November 30, 2021 — May 24, 2022, with breaks for holidays. Dates are subject to change. Staff will be in touch with applicants with updates.
- Be able to provide feedback and participate in program evaluations
Applications are due Sunday, November 7, 2021. Applicants will be notified by November 19, 2021.
Questions? Contact Marquita Butler at email@example.com or 612-215-4375.