Food and Supplies Distribution at YWCA Midtown
Updated July 6, 2020
YWCA Minneapolis is here for our neighbors in need. We have created a pop-up distribution hub at YWCA Midtown to ensure our neighbors have groceries, personal hygiene items and other supplies.
Pick Up Food and Supplies
Open to everyone! People can pick up food and supplies at YWCA Midtown (2121 East Lake Street, Minneapolis, MN 55407):
- Wednesdays from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm for walk-up only. Lines start at the south side of the Minneapolis Sports Center.
- Saturdays 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm for walk-up and drive-up. Please no parking in YWCA’s lot or in the Hennepin County lot on 22nd Ave.
Starting one hour before distribution, those who are in line (cars or walk-up), will receive a numbered ticket and a designated 30-minute window when they can come back and receive their items.
Help us organize food, take inventory and build care packages!
Donate Supplies (No food, please)
We are collecting items Monday – Friday 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm, and Saturdays 9:00 am – 4:00 pm at YWCA Midtown. Below is a list of items we are accepting for supply kits (new and unused only). No food is needed at this time. Donations will be accepted at the Minneapolis Sports Center main door entrance and staged in the south end.
- Feminine hygiene pads (light, medium, heavy)
- Shampoo (full size)
- Conditioner (full size)
- Body wash/soap (full size)
- Hand sanitizer
- Liquid hand soap
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Facial tissue
- Dish soap
- Cleaning spray
- Laundry detergent
- Diapers (newborn-6 sizes)
- Pull-ups (sizes 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T)
- Baby wipes
- Men’s (small, medium, large, XL)
- Women’s (small, medium, large, XL)
Questions or want to collaborate? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816-721-6688.
Thanks to Our Partners!
- Best Buy
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota
- General Mills
- HandsOn Twin Cities
- Minnesota Twins
- Procter & Gamble
- Thomson Reuters
- UnitedHealth Group