Forward Lunge Wood Chop
If you are short on time and you really want to get that heart rate up and blast those calories, incorporating as many muscles to work together at once is a great way to do that. Try the Forward Wood Chop Lunge to maximize your effort and calories burned!
To perform a Forward Wood Chop Lunge:
- Stand where your feet are hip width apart, holding a medicine ball in front of you.
- Step forward and get down to about a 90 degree angle on that forward knee.
- Bring that medicine ball up, over the forward leg, and up over that shoulder.
- Activate your core and come back down.
- Come back to your starting position, and repeat that on the other side.
Trainer Tip in Action
Watch YWCA Personal Trainer Will McDonald’s tip video.
Did you like this tip? No matter what your goals are, we’re here to help you achieve them. Learn more at: ywcampls.org/PersonalTraining