Posted on Fri, Feb 27 2015 10:32 am by Ferderber
Personal Training: Level 1
“I did not always love exercise. I had to learn to motivate myself. I learned how to move safely. I discovered a variety of activities I enjoy and that provide balance for my body and mind. Now exercise is a positive part of my life, and I would love to help you redefine your relationship with fitness.”
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- ACE Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Kettlebell Certified Instructor
- Insanity Certified Instructor
- BA, Psychology, University of Minnesota
- HITT, Chisel, Circuit and Insanity Instructor
- Acrobatic Yoga Instructor and Performer
- Partner Yoga and Partner Therapeutics Instructor
- Bicycle Commuting, Hiking, Backcountry Snowboarding, Sea Kayaking
Areas of Expertise
- Building Strength, Stability and Functional Capacity
- Mobility and Flexibility Training
- Discovering or Returning to Exercise
- Metabolic/Cardiovascular Interval Training
- YWCA Midtown
Learn More About Garrett
What is your favorite workout and why?
My favorite workout is the one someone else plans and that I get to do with a group of committed people. I will learn new movements, work on things I have been neglecting and be inspired by the people around me. That is why I think Personal Training and fitness classes are so great.
What do you consider your greatest fitness accomplishment?
I feel more passionate about fitness coaching today than I did during my first classes or training sessions. I have been able to continually find new things to nerd out on, have fun with and delve into that directly enhance my ability to teach and to progress my own fitness goals. Passion and a hunger for knowledge fuel everything else I do.
What is your biggest athletic goal?
My biggest athletic goal is to listen to my body. I have some work that I am excited about in my personal Olympic Weightlifting and I’d like to do some endurance sport stuff, but I will not be able to do any of that if I push past pain and ignore my body. Remaining relatively injury free, continuing to progress and adapting to my changing abilities are what I set on the highest pedestal.
What is your biggest goal outside of the gym?
I want to be a good parent.
What do you do on your rest days?
I try to do lots of lower intensity movement such as walking, biking, gentle stretches, foam rolling, etc. I end up crawling around with a baby a bunch which leads to lots of full range of motion movement that keeps things feeling limber. I try not to do much sitting.
Schedule and Purchase Services
View trainer availability and manage appointments for:
- Endurance Sports Coaching
- Massage and Bodywork
- Personal Training
- Private Pilates Training
- Private Swim Instruction
You will be taken to the Spectrum NG website