- Group Fitness
- Group Training & Coaching
- Personal Training
- Nutrition Counseling
- Additional Fitness Services
- Youth and Family Fitness
- Women's Basketball Leagues
- Summer Slimdown Challenge
- Indoor Triathlons
- 2018 Women's Triathlon
- Corporate Wellness
- Refer a Friend
Posted on Fri, Aug 11 2017 3:00 pm by Claypoole
Personal Training: Level 1
"Enthusiasm brushes off upon those whom you come in contact. You must truly enjoy what you are doing." - John Wooden
- B.A., Exercise Science, St. Olaf College
- NETA Certified Personal Trainer
- Stretching and Restorative Workouts
- Rehabilitation and Biomechanics
- Competitive Sports: Distance Running, Swimming, Basketball, Volleyball, Tennis
- Core Class Training
Areas of Expertise
- First-time Exercisers
- Women's Fitness
- Athletic Performance Training
- Core Strength
- Distance Running
- Yoga Fundamentals
- Body Weight Workouts
- Partner and Team Workouts
- YWCA Uptown
Learn More About Joy
What is your favorite workout and why?
I love core work, HIIT and functional strength training. A strong core can reduce pain and improve overall movement and posture. HIIT is fast past and high energy, just like me! Functional strength training can help us all feel stronger throughout our days, not just at the gym.
What do you consider your greatest fitness accomplishment?
Competing in three seasons of NCAA sports all four years of college and being an undefeated distance runner on the island of Kaua’i prior to college.
What is your biggest athletic goal?
To become yoga certified and complete a triathlon.
What is your biggest goal outside of the gym?
To have a positive impact on everyone’s life.
What do you do on your rest days?
Find water to swim, float and relax in. Also, hanging out with friends, shooting hoops or throwing a Frisbee in the sun is ideal.
Schedule and Purchase Services
View trainer availability and manage appointments for:
- Endurance Sports Coaching
- Massage and Bodywork
- Personal Training
- Private Pilates Training
- Private Swim Instruction
You will be taken to the Spectrum NG website